Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Romance

Come to the fire, my dear,
where we can be warm.
Does it not inspire, my dear,
on a night amidst a storm?

Let us decorate the tree, my dear,
and string it with many lights.
Does the star not shine free, my dear,
among the winter sights?

Let me serve you hot drink, my dear,
and keep you close to me.
Can you not see what I think, my dear,
of you, my winter company?

Let me wrap your gift, my dear,
and place the paper bow.
I promise to be swift, my dear,
to return and love you so.

Stand under the mistletoe, my dear,
and let me caress your face.
Promise to never go, my dear,
never leave this warm embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ryan Hanley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.