Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Late

Running, running, running,
never stopping to take a breath.
There is never enough time
for anything, anymore.
There is no one else to blame
for this inefficiency.
The alarm clock is working fine.
There isn’t any traffic.
I don’t have a dog to eat anything important.
This is all on me.

Every day I fool myself
into thinking “it’s alright,
I will have enough time today.”
Today is always going to be different from yesterday,
only I keep repeating the same pattern.
Just five more minutes of sleep.
Just two more minutes of this program.
I really just don’t feel like going at all.
The same pattern, day after day.
I’m pretty sure that is insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ryan Hanley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.