Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Movie

We always run in fear of being late,
and in the last moments we flurry
for our popcorn, our drinks,
one last stop to the rest room.
The previews roll on,
Forgetting that we haven’t sat down.
We’ve seen them all before.

The lights dim to near-black
And everyone else disappears.
Our actors begin to play
For no one else but us.
We are given a story
amidst coughs, whispers, and phones.
I look to her and she is crying.
I wonder why as she grips my arm.
I dare not take her away.

The lights return
and I ask her how she liked it.
She doesn’t need to say anything.
It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ryan Hanley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.